Articles on this Page
- 12/01/17--22:44: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/08/17--15:46: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/12/17--00:50: _announcing longlist...
- 12/16/17--11:42: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/18/17--08:57: _new us embassy unve...
- 12/25/17--05:47: _2017 chicago archit...
- 01/10/18--05:46: _the obama president...
- 01/18/18--04:03: _nature provides amp...
- 03/19/18--14:24: _lucas museum of nar...
- 12/08/18--23:10: _iit innovation cent...
- 12/01/17--22:44: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 3 > 9 december.
- 12/08/17--15:46: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 10 > 16 december.
- 12/16/17--11:42: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 17 > 23 december.
- 12/18/17--08:57: new us embassy unveiled in london. architects kieran timberlake.
- 12/25/17--05:47: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 24 > 30 december.
- 12/08/18--23:10: iit innovation center by john ronan architects opens.
redistribution as a practice has the potential to recover a type of building that – unlike renovation, adaptive reuses, preservation, or restoration = permits the circulation of building components, taken apart, moved around, piled up, and mixed with new construction to create alternative uses. t + e + a + m is looking for a patron to make it happen.
the serial nature of these works might suggest a reading against a lineage of art from the 1970s often called process or serial art, which exhausted an idea or concept in a monotonous way.
a biennial selection featuring some of the world's best new—or recently completed—buildings, the riba international list 2018 comprises 62 individual buildings drawn from 29 countries.
asks 24 architects to reconsider the status of the architectural interior. the exercise foregrounds the importance of the interior as a model of sociability. the architects reference a photograph of a canonical interior, from any time period.
it’s a fortress, of course it is. the architects made it as nice a fortress as possible, a transparent, democratic, open, not-aggressive and environmentally responsible symbol of their country.
frida escoberdo has designed a monolithic timber, tiered platform in randolf square - a singular formal gesture with moveable modules that allows for informal lounging, gatherings, and forums. the installation mirrors the chicago cultural center's gridded ceiling.
revised concept plan is in response to local criticism on location, aesthetics, and function among other things.
wind, light, and other phenomena of nature are embraced through 389 pieces of art.
originally meant to be constructed in chicago in 2014, the location moved to the west coast because of its initial lakefront site and the legal issues it posed. chicago-based DesignApplause feels that a big one got away.
the ed kaplan family institute for innovation and tech entrepreneurship at the illinois institute of technology opens this month, the first new academic building at iit in over forty years.